Quality assessments are what your building project deserves, but trusting word-of-mouth alone is risky. Independent auditing provides clients with an impartial measure of performance. On 21 December, 2016, we participated in an annual audit of our Quality Management System (QMS) to the requirements of ISO9001:2008.
Our QMS certification has a scope of “The provision of energy efficiency assessments and consulting”.
An independent auditor from SAI Global inspected various elements of our QMS. This included the Quality Manual (Manual), Annual Internal Audit Report and Annual Quality Management Review.
The Auditor interviewed all available staff regarding their contribution to the operation and continual improvement of the QMS.
This audit had two objectives: (1)to determine continued compliance of our QMS with audit criteria; and (2)its effectiveness in achieving continual improvement and system objectives.
The audit determined that our management system has the ability to ensure we meet identified applicable statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements relevant to the scope of certification.
We have scheduled our Transition Audit to ISO9001:2015 for late 2017. Because our complying QMS has been around for 14 years, this transition should be straightforward.
What is the value of using a Quality company?
In order to provide consistent, repeatable calculations, our QMS consists of:
- A Manual with an Objective to guide management and all staff
- Criteria consisting of: Timeliness, Accuracy and Report Presentation
- Annual Quality Management Review of the whole business
- Detailed Operational Procedures for Marketing & Sales, Office Administration, and Assessments
- Internal Audits – checking completed jobs for procedural compliance
- Client Quality Calls – how we performed compared to the expected outcome
- Records of non-conformances in the Criteria – identify the causes and how to prevent repeats
- Records of Customer Complaints and resolutions
- Employee Handbook for all business policies and procedures
- Five-year Business Plan
Our clients highly value our services because we understand the importance of delivering consistent results.