At the recent AGM of ABSA (Australian Building Sustainability Association), held on 27 November 2015 in Sydney, Dr Clyde Anderson was elected to be a Director. This follows a two month appointment as a temporary Director to fill a short-term casual vacancy. He is currently the only Queenslander on the ABSA Board of Directors.
“ABSA aims to position themselves as the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS) Assessor Accrediting Organisation of choice, for residential energy efficiency assessors,” Clyde said.
The Australian Building Sustainability Association (ABSA) connects home-owners to accredited energy assessors, provides up-to-date information about energy efficiency and building thermal performance, and taps into networks of green building suppliers and energy efficiency organisations.
As an “Accredited Assessor” Dr Clyde Anderson also has:
- Completed the National Qualification CPP41212 – Certificate IV NatHERS Assessment
- Maintenance of knowledge through mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- HERS Assessor Code of Practice
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Participation in an industry-leading Quality Assurance Program.
ABSA is a not-for-profit member group hoping to further the science, technology and understanding of building sustainability. If you’d like to find out more information about ABSA, check out www.absa.net.au.